TASC ENGLISH ESSAY'S


HI TASC TAKERS,
(Essay links are located at the bottom of the post)

     Hopefully you are moving closer to your goal of getting your High School Equivalency Diploma (HSE). In the past I have usually focused on helping students with their science and social studies needs. However, many of my students have requested assistance with essay writing for the TASC exam. Usually it is difficult to get any online help since essay grading is still fundamentally a human task (no pun intended). Therefore unless you are in a classroom your a bit out of luck when it comes to someone reading over your essay. 

     I figured since most of the TASC exam testing is moving away from paper, now might be a good time to see how you could possibly get an essays submitted and graded using Google Forms. As an added bonus, you can practice your typing (or is it called keyboarding? hmm!). Taking the test by computer is somewhat different then the old pen and paper. For one thing, you get to use digital post it notes and you can highlight! Normally they don't even let you breath on the test booklet. 

     I will be using the rubrics provided from the makers of the exam DRC. Just a head's up, the feedback from the rubric is pretty cut and dry, but it is what they are using. Therefore I will model the feedback straight from the rubric just to remain as impartial as possible. If your curious as to what their guidance says, click on the links below and it will take you to their site/pdf file.




Just a note on the essay writing in general. For the exam you will only have to write one essay. It will be either argumentative or informational. If you are not sure what the difference is I suggest you click on the scoring guidance above and read the sample essays that are provided by DRC. 

     Unfortunately you will not know which essay you are going to get until you are at the test. With that in mind I invite you to select one of the essay exams linked below (one is informational the other argumentative) and write your essay based on the guidelines. If this works out I will try and link a few more essay's so that you can keep practicing.
  
     Once you are done writing your essay click submit. I will grade your essay as soon as I get a chance. Probably in a 24 hour window unless I get swamped, sick or taken by aliens! 

Note I will get your essay back to you based on the email that you provide. Don't worry, I am only using the email you supply to send the graded exam back to you. This is all not for profit. Overall I think that we should all help each other out therefore if you see one of your fellow HSE mates having a hard time, try and lend a hand. 

Sincerely,
F.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

World War I & World War II

SEPARATION OF POWERS & CHECKS AND BALANCES

How To Analyze a Political Cartoon: 6 Steps